Deadline: February 15, 2021
Step 1: Complete and submit the online Application Form and $75 nonrefundable application fee.
Step 2: Provide recorded audition. Submit a recorded audition by uploading it to YouTube and including the link in your application or by sending the link to email@example.com. Please mark the video as either “public” or “unlisted.”
Step 3: Enlist your music teacher to submit a letter of recommendation addressing the points below.
The application form, application fee, audition, and letter of recommendation all must be received by Madeline Island Chamber Music on or before Monday, February 15, 2021.
Applicants who submit their application by Monday, February 15, 2021 will be informed of their acceptance status by mid-March.
A $400 nonrefundable deposit is due upon notice of acceptance. The balance is due May 28, 2021.
Letter of Recommendation Requirements
- Letter must be from the applicant’s music teacher, or a music professional with direct knowledge of the applicant, and include recommender’s name, email address, and telephone number
- Letter should specify student’s name and instrument, and address applicant’s musical and personal strengths, work habits, and level of maturity
- Insight into areas for improvement are appreciated
- Letter of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include applicant’s name in the subject line.
- Mailed letters of recommendation also are acceptable, and should be sent to Madeline Island Chamber Music, 501 South 2nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401.
- Letters of recommendation must be received by February 15, 2021.