Recorded Auditions are required for all applicants.
Admission is open to violinists, violists, and cellists, ages 14-24.
Auditions must be a video recording. YouTube submission is preferred. Please make sure to designate your video as “unlisted” or “public.” Upload the exact link through your Acceptd account.
ALL AUDITION RECORDINGS ARE DUE BY TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2022
Audition Requirements – Individual
- 5-8 minutes of solo repertoire consisting of two works contrasting in style and tempo. Representative excerpts of longer movements is acceptable.
- Repertoire may include, but is not limited to, unaccompanied Bach, a virtuoso piece, a standard concerto or sonata.
- Audition recordings may be with or without accompaniment.
Audition Requirements – Pre-Formed String Quartet (must have been playing together for at least one academic year)
- Two complete movements contrasting in style and tempo.
- One work must be from the classical period. Haydn, Mozart, or Beethoven are recommended.
- Individuals desiring consideration for admission, should the quartet not be able to attend as a group for any reason, must also audition as an individual.