“Thank you for some of the best weeks of my life.”
—Chamber Music for Strings student
Auditions are required for all applicants. Admission is open to violinists, violists, and cellists, ages 14-24.
Recorded Auditions: Must be a video recording. YouTube submission is preferred. Please make sure to designate your video as “unlisted” or “public.” Send the exact link by e-mail, and include your name and instrument in the Subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL AUDITION RECORDINGS ARE DUE IN OUR OFFICE BY MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2019
Audition Requirements – Individual
- 5-8 minutes of solo repertoire consisting of two works contrasting in style and tempo. Representative excerpts of longer movements is acceptable.
- Repertoire may include, but is not limited to, unaccompanied Bach, a virtuoso piece, a standard concerto or sonata.
- All live auditions will be without piano accompaniment.
- Audition recordings may be with or without accompaniment.
Audition Requirements – String Quartet (must have been playing together for at least one academic year)
- 5-8 minutes of string quartet repertoire consisting of two works contrasting in style and tempo.
- One work must be from the classical period. Haydn, Mozart, or Beethoven are recommended.
- Representative excerpts of longer movements are acceptable.
- Individuals desiring consideration for admission, should the quartet not be able to attend as a group for any reason, must also audition as an individual.