Deadline: April 15, 2021
Step 1: Complete and send online Application Form with a $75 nonrefundable application fee.
Step 2: Send a YouTube link with your recorded audition to email@example.com by Thursday, April 15, 2021. Please note your name and your instrument in the email subject line. Auditionees are required to perform two contrasting pieces demonstrating musical, technical, and articulation ability. Accompaniment must be provided if called for in the repertoire. Please mark your YouTube recording as “public” or “unlisted.”
Step 3: Letter of recommendation from your music teacher addressing the points below must be in our office by Thursday, April 15, 2021.
Step 4: All applicants who apply and audition by Thursday, April 15, 2020 will be informed of their acceptance status in early-May.
Step 5: A $250 non-returnable deposit is due 7 days after notice of acceptance. The balance is due May 28, 2021.
Letter of Recommendation Requirements
- Letter must be from the applicant’s music teacher, or a music professional with direct knowledge of the applicant, and include recommender’s name, email address, and telephone number
- Letter should specify student’s name and instrument, and address applicant’s musical and personal strengths, work habits, and level of maturity
- Insight into areas for improvement are appreciated
- Letter of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include applicant’s name in the subject line.
- Mailed letters of recommendation also are acceptable, and should be sent to Madeline Island Chamber Music, 501 South 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Letters of recommendation must be received by April 15, 2021.