Deadline: January 15, 2021
- Complete and submit the Emerging Artists Quartet-in-Residence application and $150 nonrefundable group application fee.
- Each member of the quartet must also complete an individual application. DO NOT pay the $75 individual application fee. At the payment screen, select “I am a member of an Emerging Artist Quartet-in-Residence” and follow the prompts to submit individual applications.
- Submit a recorded video audition as described here.
- Submit bios for your quartet and for each individual quartet member as soon as possible but no later than January 15, 2021. Send the bios to email@example.com with quartet name in the subject line.
- Enlist your coach to submit a letter of recommendation addressing the points below.
The Quartet-in-Residence application form, individual application forms, application fee, audition, bios, and letter of recommendation all must be received by Madeline Island Chamber Music on or before Friday, January 15, 2021.
Letter of Recommendation Requirements
- Letter must be from your quartet’s coach, or a music professional with direct knowledge of your quartet, and include recommender’s name, email address, and telephone number
- Letter should specify the quartet’s name, and address the quartet’s musical and group strengths, work habits, and level of maturity
- Insight into areas for improvement are appreciated
- Letter of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with quartet’s name in the subject line
- Mailed letters of recommendation also are acceptable, and should be sent to Madeline Island Chamber Music, 501 South 2nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401