Deadline: February 17, 2020
- Pre-formed string quartets must have been playing together for a minimum of one academic year and have studied and/or performed a string quartet work in its entirety.
- Pre-formed string quartets must come from the same school or study in the same geographic area.
- Fill out pre-formed group application and pay the $150 group application fee.
- Each member of the quartet must complete an individual application as soon as possible. DO NOT pay the $75 individual application fee. At the payment screen, select “I am applying as part of a pre-formed quartet” and follow the prompts to submit individual applications.
- Recorded video auditions are required and must consist of two works contrasting in style and tempo. One work must be from the classical period. Haydn, Mozart or Beethoven are recommended. Representative excerpts of longer movements are acceptable. Individuals wanting consideration for admission, should the quartet not be able to attend as a group for any reason, must submit a recorded video audition as an individual.
- Submit your video via a YouTube link and send the link to email@example.com by February 17, 2020. Please mark the video as “public” or “unlisted.”
- A letter of recommendation from your coach is due in our office no later than February 17, 2020.
Letter of Recommendation Requirements
- Letter must be from the applicant’s music teacher, or a music professional with direct knowledge of the applicant, and include recommender’s name, email address, and telephone number
- Letter should specify student’s name and instrument, and address applicant’s musical and personal strengths, work habits, and level of maturity
- Insight into areas for improvement are appreciated
- Letter of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed letters of recommendation also are acceptable, and should be sent to MICM, 118 East 26th Street, Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN 55404.
- Letters of recommendation must be received by February 17, 2020.