Auditions are required for all applicants.
Admission is open to advanced college violinists, violists, and cellists to age 24.
Auditions must be a video recording. YouTube submission is preferred. Please make sure to designate your video as “unlisted” or “public.” Send the exact link by e-mail, and include your name and instrument in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL AUDITION RECORDINGS ARE DUE IN OUR OFFICE BY MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2021
Audition Requirements – Individual
- 5-8 minutes of solo repertoire consisting of two works contrasting in style and tempo. Representative excerpts of longer movements is acceptable.
- Repertoire may include, but is not limited to, unaccompanied Bach, a virtuoso piece, a standard concerto or sonata.
- Audition recordings may be with or without accompaniment.
Audition Requirements – Pre-Formed String Quartet (must have been playing together for at least one academic year)
- Two complete movements of works contrasting in style and tempo.
- One work must be from the classical period. Haydn, Mozart, or Beethoven are recommended.
- Representative excerpts of longer movements is acceptable.
- Individuals wanting consideration for admission, should the quartet not be able to attend as a group for any reason, must also audition as an individual.